Chandra Grahanam-Lunar Eclipse
Free Photos Shiva Pictures Shivaratri Lord Shiva Happy Maha Shivaratri Hindu Gods Shiva Shakti http://www.occult-paranormal-psychic-yoga.blogspot.com
Today -15th June 2011- in an hours time, we will be witnessing one of the longest Lunar Eclipse of the century. It will start(Sparsa or Pattu in Telugu) from 11.53 PM Indian Standard Time (IST) and will end (Moksha or Vidupu in Telugu) at 3.32AM on 16th June 2011. Total Eclipse will be from 12.52 AM to 2.33 AM. This will be visible to most of the residents of India.
As per Vedic astrology, this eclipse will occur when the Moon is in Jyesta Nakshatra-4th Pada of Scorpio (Vrischika Rasi)and also in Moola Nakshatra 1st Pada of Sagittarius (Dhanur Rasi). So people born in these two Zodiac signs (moon Signs not the Sun Signs) must not see it. They should get Sapasukta Sahita Mahanyasapoorvaka Ekadasa Rudrabhishekam performed to Lord Shiva in any of the temples.
DOs and Donts during the eclipse:
- Eat at least 9-6 hours before the eclipse.
- Don't drink or eat or attend to natures call during this period.
- Don't keep any cooked food for use after the eclipse.
- Put a blade of Kusa Grass (Darbha) on water, milk, curds, ghee or pickles so that we can use it even after the eclipse.
- It is better to sit comfortably on a mat in your prayer room or where it is peaceful and chant the name of GOD or any Mantra given to you by your Guru.
- This is a very auspicious time for practising all your Mantras and gain power. It is also the best time for being initiated or taught a new Mantra.
- Those who know the mantras for curing, sprains, snake poison or scorpion poison or any other mantra including the Drushti Mantra( Nazar utaar ne ki mantr) should practise it this time to gain power.
- Chant the Mantras at least 11, 21, 40 or 108 times. The more the better.
- Usually, one is advised to take head bath at the beginning of the eclipse and then at the end before chanting the mantra. If this is not possible at least, wash your hands, feet and face, wear freshly washed clothes and then sit for chanting.
- Even meditation at this time if practised is powerful.
- Sadhana or meditation during this time gives powerful result.
- Any Daan (charity) at this time is believed to give more positive results than at ordinary time.
- After the eclipse is over, we wash our homes, and take a head bath. Then only we offer prayers at home. If possible go to temple.
- One should get Sapasukta Sahita Mahanyasapoorvaka Ekadasa Rudrabhishekam performed to Lord Shiva in any of the temples whether born in affected Moon signs or not.
Mantras to be chanted during the Eclipse:
Chandra, Rahu, Ketu Mantras or Kavachas, even all the Navagraha Mantras, Maha Mruthunjaya Mantra, Shiva Panchakshari or any other Mantra given to you by your Guruji or elders.
Even if you don't know any mantras, chant "OM NAMAH SHIVAYA" or "OM NAMO BHAGAVATHE VASUDEVAYA". For HE is the Saviour.
This year my Guruji had asked us to recite "BHU SUKTAM" to save our earth from earth quakes. Since it is believed that eclipses do cause earth quakes, those who can recite this may please do.
Those who are Ill or suffering from long standing illness chant :
"KREEM ACHYUTANANTHA GOVINDA
Those who want success in competitive exams, legal matters or other ventures:
"SRI RAMA JAYA RAMA JAYA JAYA RAMA"
For good education:
" Sri HayaGreevaya Namaha"
So keep chanting.......Don't have much time now.....Will post more about eclipses according to our Hindu texts later.......